Statcounter

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Article in Le Week-End

Pamela de St. Antoine, the Washington correspondent for the Mauritian newspaper Le Week-End wrote an article on Mauritians living in Toronto. You can read it online this week if you click on the America section.

As an artist, it's normal to expose oneself through one's ideas and artistic expressions, but in this article I feel more exposed than ever. Pamela is a good reporter, and has a talent for obtaining information, and I'm only too willing to talk. Even though I'm not that keen in having my private life in focus, I don't mind the discomfort if the article inspires the Mauritian community in a positive manner. And how could I say no to Pam? We've been online friends for a long time. Her enthusiasm, warmth, and sense of humour made it easy for us to connect. I felt as if I had known her forever when we took the ferry and walked on a grey, misty, spring day along the empty boardwalk of Centre Island, talking and talking, thrilled to share similar interests in people, travel, writing, food ... There were many magical moments and lots of laughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

darn, i missed the article. but glad to know you were in it!

xo

Peggy Lampotang said...

Thanks Teri. I did find a new site for the article. You can now read it if you click on Pamela de St. Antoine's T.O. article on the side bar. The typo error in the headline is kind of bizarre ... anyway bisous, et salut à la belle Montréal.