Statcounter

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Gaslighting: coercing people to believe lies and question their own sanity

As I continue my research into relationships, I'd like to share this article as it's opened my eyes to gaslighting, the psychological manipulation some people use to coerce loved ones to believe their lies, and question their own sanity. Unfortunately, when women, and sometimes men too are in love, they often fall for the lies, don't listen to their instincts, or common sense, and thus enable the gaslighter. This article is very helpful in understanding why people gaslight and why they need help as much as the victims. For those who recognize the situation, hope you can seek advice from close relatives, friends or a therapist.

I took this photo on a rainy day. The mist was ethereal and made everything seem unreal. This poem is about the inescapable downward spiral of lies. 



No comments: